ADDING MULTIMEDIA GSK and IQVIA launch Vaccine Track, a data trend platform to help improve adult vaccination in communities nationwide
- First-of-its-kind platform provides publicly-accessible, quarterly data trends on adult vaccination to strengthen data transparency and empower the public health community with actionable information
- Vaccine Track data insights revealed sustained decline of recommended adult immunizations, excluding flu vaccinations, across the US during the pandemic, especially in minority populations
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220808005462/en/
To learn more, please visit www.vaccinetrack.com. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Collective experience throughout the COVID-19 pandemic has elevated the public's understanding of the value of vaccines and the importance of data in helping to prevent disease and death, especially in adult and older adult populations. Vaccination rates for
“Access to this new set of data, paired with existing data, provides an opportunity for the public health community to work together to increase immunization and prevent disease and death,” said Stewart.
The Vaccine Track platform will enable users to:
- Identify vaccination trends for adults 19+ in the US across multiple vaccines
- Scan immunization claims data nationally and sub-nationally across years
- Track trends based on 2019 pre-COVID-19 baseline vaccination uptake
- Highlight where differences exist based on demographics (e.g., age, race/ethnicity, gender, payer type)
Vaccine Track data insights revealed sustained decline of recommended adult immunizations, excluding flu vaccinations, across the US during the pandemic. This was particularly true for minority populations, which already showed lower rates of immunization pre-pandemic.
- National trends for adults aged 19 and older continue to remain below pre-pandemic 2019 baselines with an average decrease of 18% through 2021 in overall claims for recommended vaccines, excluding influenza. Vulnerable populations may be especially impacted by this trend
- Average monthly overall claims data through 2021 for recommended vaccines (excluding influenza) were 12-42% below by payer compared to a 2019 baseline
- For Medicare, analysis found more than 30% reduction in overall claims for recommended vaccines among Black and Hispanic populations between 2019 and 2021.This highlights the significant potential impact and exacerbation on disparities in immunization rates in Medicare due to the pandemic
At the state level, as of
December 2021nearly half of the states in the US were facing greater than 30% reductions in overall claims for recommended vaccines from 2019 pre-pandemic levels
About Vaccine Track
Vaccine Track is a comprehensive platform provided by GSK, in partnership with IQVIA, for use by public health officials, industry leaders and medical professionals to strengthen vaccination data transparency, raise awareness and publicly share vaccination trends. Containing comprehensive claims data about routine adult (age 19+) vaccines, Vaccine Track currently spans information from
GSK is a global biopharma company with a purpose to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together. Find out more at gsk.com/company.
IQVIA (NYSE: IQV) is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions, and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. IQVIA creates intelligent connections across all aspects of healthcare through its analytics, transformative technology, big data resources and extensive domain expertise. IQVIA Connected Intelligence™ delivers powerful insights with speed and agility — enabling customers to accelerate the clinical development and commercialization of innovative medical treatments that improve healthcare outcomes for patients. With approximately 82,000 employees, IQVIA conducts operations in more than 100 countries.
IQVIA is a global leader in protecting individual patient privacy. The company uses a wide variety of privacy-enhancing technologies and safeguards to protect individual privacy while generating and analyzing information on a scale that helps healthcare stakeholders identify disease patterns and correlate with the precise treatment path and therapy needed for better outcomes. IQVIA’s insights and execution capabilities help biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical companies, medical researchers, government agencies, payers and other healthcare stakeholders tap into a deeper understanding of diseases, human behavior and scientific advances, in an effort to advance their path toward cures. To learn more, visit www.iqvia.com.
Cautionary statement regarding forward-looking statements
GSK cautions investors that any forward-looking statements or projections made by GSK, including those made in this announcement, are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Such factors include, but are not limited to, those described in the Company's Annual Report on Form 20-F for 2021, GSK’s Q2 Results for 2022 and any impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.