Ventas, Inc. Releases Fifth Annual Corporate Sustainability Report
Report Presents the Company’s “Elevating, Innovating and Intensifying” ESG Initiatives That Continue to Raise the Bar and Drive Long-Term Value for Stakeholders
“Building on our long history of industry-leading ESG achievements, we continue to accelerate our activities and commitments and to set ambitious goals to drive meaningful change,” Ventas Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The report details Ventas’s significant achievements across the Company’s three ESG strategy pillars – People, Performance and Planet. Highlights include:
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Ventas established a formal DE&I committee to develop and advance measurable goals where the Company can have the greatest impact. To further drive progress, executive compensation is linked to the success of meeting key DE&I goals. The Company has also leveraged its community engagement program and supply chain management to advance DE&I efforts.
- Employee Engagement: Ventas increased feedback touch points with its employees through newly launched single topic pulse surveys in addition to its annual employee engagement survey. This survey data provides actionable real-time feedback and helped inform the Company’s strategy for a safe and healthy workplace return.
Corporate Governance: The individuals who serve on the Ventas Board of Directors represent a broad range of experience, expertise and perspectives. With the appointment of the Company’s newest independent director, the Board will be 50% diverse by gender or ethnicity. Ventas also formalized oversight of ESG and DE&I initiatives under the renamed
Nominating, Governance and Corporate Responsibility Committeeof the Board.
- Sustainable Operations: Ventas earned its second consecutive ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award for Energy Management in 2022 and is the leading owner/operator of ENERGY STAR-certified senior housing and medical office buildings.
- Climate Change: Ventas joined the ranks of global companies on the forefront of combatting climate change with its commitment to achieve net-zero operational carbon emissions by 2040 and 100% renewable electricity by 2035.
Ventas’s ESG leadership has earned global recognition and numerous awards, including:
- CDP “A List” – reserved for top 2% of global companies scored – recognizing Ventas’s climate change leadership
- Third consecutive year on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, representing top 10% of global companies based on long-term economic, environmental and social criteria
- Third consecutive year on the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Silver Award Winner in Nareit’s 2021 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Awards
- One of Newsweek’s America’s Most Responsible Companies for the second consecutive year
- Six-time winner of Nareit’s Leader in the Light Award, recognizing companies that demonstrate superior sustainability practices
Women Corporate Directors Visionary Award for Strategic Leadership awarded to Ventas Chairman and CEO
Debra A. Cafaro
About the Report
The full Ventas CSR and additional information about the Company’s ESG initiatives are available online at www.ventasreit.com/csr2022.