Walmart to Welcome 40,000 Associates to Deliver for a Great Holiday Season and Beyond
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220921005739/en/
To help busy families focus on what matters most this season, we’ll be welcoming approximately 40,000 additional associates in a variety of seasonal and full-time roles across our business. That will include:
- Seasonal store associates to provide an outstanding experience for customers however they want to shop, whether that’s in-store or using our pickup and delivery services.
- Full-time, permanent truck drivers, who keep our company moving year-round.
- Customer Care associates to make sure there’s a knowledgeable, friendly voice on the other end of the line in our customer call centers this season.
As we prepare to serve customers this season, we’ll begin, as usual, by offering additional hours to current associates who want them. In fact, it’s never been easier for part-time associates to pick up extra shifts and build their own schedules with the flexibility they want. After that, we’ll offer the opportunity for those who want to earn extra money working on a temporary basis.
Whether an associate begins working at
Merry and Bright Futures: Career Pathways Like No Other
Many associates begin working at
And we’re committed to helping you get going – on average, entry-level associates promote to positions of higher wages and more responsibility in just seven months.
In fact, 75% of our
Spreading Cheer All Year:
For associates who choose to build a career here, working at
Medical coverage starts at
$31.40per paycheck and includes virtual health care programs and access to some of the best specialists and facilities in the country.
- No-cost, confidential counseling sessions with licensed professionals are available to all associates.
Walmartoffers a PTO policy that allows associates to plan for life outside of work, including paid sick leave.
- For qualifying associates, we also offer a 401(k) match and an associate stock purchase plan match.
At the end of the day, it’s about providing peace of mind for associates and their families. You can learn more about
‘Tis Always the Season for Investing in Associates
We invest in associate pay year-round, including in roles that help us deliver a great holiday season.
In the last several months, we’ve raised pay in areas ranging from Pharmacy technicians to truck drivers, not to mention we’re building a path to the driver’s seat for our associates through our
Want to join the