Under Armour Releases 2021 Sustainability & Impact Report, Outlines New Strategic Framework, Goals, and Targets
"As a global innovator and leader in athletic performance apparel, footwear, and accessories, we believe
"The details underlying a company's sustainability strategy are foundational to its longevity and ability to generate lasting impact. For this reason,
A selection of report highlights within each pillar follows:
Products – Through 10 goals, the company is embracing material innovations that will enable less waste and more durability, setting the stage for circular systems by 2030, including:
- Prioritizing recycled and renewable materials and reducing single-use plastic brand product packaging by 75% by 2025.
- Implementing sustainability and circular design principles in at least half of its products by 2027 and developing chemistry and processes that can enable a circular footwear program to be launched in market, at scale, by 2030. At the end of 2021, approximately 40% of fabrics used in the company's apparel and accessories were made from materials capable of being recycled.
- Supporting innovation that reduces fiber shedding from textiles and targeting 75% of fabric to be made of low-shed materials, as defined by industry-leading guidance on fabric shedding that the company will work collectively to shape by 2030.
Home Field – The company is working to reduce its overall environmental footprint and do its part to protect the planet through seven goals, including:
- Eliminating 100% of biocides and fluorine DWR in its products by 2025.
- Reducing absolute scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas emissions by 30% and increasing renewable energy in owned and operated facilities to 100% by 2030.
- Advancing low-impact manufacturing, reducing the environmental impact of its materials, and targeting net-zero emissions by 2050.
Team – The company is supporting its people and communities through six goals that build upon longstanding efforts, including:
- Continuing to invest in teammates' health, safety, and well-being – including through initiatives to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion and develop underrepresented talent at all levels.
- Protecting workers' human rights and well-being in its supply chain through comprehensive programs and audits.
- Working to create opportunities for millions of youths to engage in sports by 2030.
To download the 2021 Sustainability & Impact Report and for further information on
Some of the statements contained in this press release constitute forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements relate to expectations, beliefs, projections, estimates, future plans and strategies, anticipated events or trends, and similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts, such as statements regarding our goals, targets, commitments, future planned initiatives, and the timing and effectiveness of any of the foregoing, including those relating to the environment, human capital matters, social and labor issues, and community impact; the development and introduction of new products, technologies and ways of working; our assumptions and the implementation of our sustainability strategies; the future impacts of our investments and initiatives; and the standards and expectations of third parties. In many cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terms such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "outlook," "potential," or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release reflect our current views about future events and are subject to risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause events or our actual activities or results to differ significantly from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee future events, results, actions, activity levels, performance or achievements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by the forward-looking statements, including our assumptions not being realized, scientific or technological developments, evolving sustainability strategies, evolving government regulations, and the risks and uncertainties set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q filed with the
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/under-armour-releases-2021-sustainability--impact-report-outlines-new-strategic-framework-goals-and-targets-301633426.html