Alibaba’s 2022 11.11 Global Shopping Festival Facilitates Quality Growth for Brands and Merchants
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221111005492/en/
Alibaba’s 2022 11.11 Global Shopping Festival facilitated quality growth for participating brands and merchants. (Photo: Business Wire)
This year’s 11.11 featured over 290,000 brands from over 90 countries and regions across 7,000 product categories. In the first four hours of the second check-out window, which started at
“We thank all our participating merchants and partners of our ecosystem for working with us to deliver another 11.11 Global Shopping Festival that demonstrates a steady, promising growth trajectory. Together, we have witnessed the resilience and vibrancy of China’s consumption sector,” said
In its second year running wholly on the cloud, this year's 11.11 Global Shopping Festival has seen improved computing efficiency thanks to high-performance computing and innovative technology deployment. Computing cost per resource unit was reduced by 8% compared to last year from
Other highlights from the 2022 11.11 Global Shopping Festival
- 1,009 overseas brands on Tmall Global achieved year-on-year GMV growth of more than 100%.
- This year’s 11.11 demonstrated a strong growth momentum in categories including sports & outdoors, pet products, collectible toys and jewelry.
More than 300 million consumers have watched livestreaming sessions hosted on Taobao Live since the start of the presale period. During the entire sales period, 62 influencer and merchant-run livestreaming channels surpassed
RMB100 millionin GMV, and 632 influencer and merchant-run livestreaming channels surpassed RMB10 millionin GMV.
- Cainiao has delivered over 120 million parcels to doorstep. Close to 2 million packages were delivered by 700 Xiaomanlv automated guided vehicles (AGVs), doubling the number last year.
During this year's 11.11, Cainiao rolled out a package recycling initiative across more than 130,000
Cainiao Poststations, recycling nearly 4 million carton parcel boxes from November 1 to 11. A daily average of more than 100,000 consumers dispatched parcels using recycled cartons at Cainiao Poststations during 11.11.
- Over 1.63 million products showcased on Tmall during 11.11 this year were labeled eco-friendly and low-carbon footprint products, covering categories such as apparel, cosmetics, food and energy-efficient electronic goods.
- During 11.11, rural livestreamers on Taobao Live hosted over 100,000 livestreaming sessions featuring local products.
A campaign for agricultural products on Taobao Live that cumulated in a special livestreaming session on
November 7facilitated sales of 35.49 million agricultural products from the start of the sales period to November 7, with a total GMV of over 46,000 SKUs more than doubling compared with the same period last year.
Note: All times mentioned in this press release refer to
About the 11.11 Global Shopping Festival
The 11.11 Global Shopping Festival began in 2009 with participation from just 27 merchants as an event for merchants and consumers to raise awareness about the value of online shopping. For the latest news and updates on the 2022 11.11 Global Shopping Festival, please visit: https://www.alizila.com/