Citi Markets to Donate Over $10 Million to Education-Focused Non-Profit Organizations
E-trading businesses support non-profit organizations for 2022 e for education campaign
With this donation, the campaign is set to donate over
Citi Markets donates a percentage of business proceeds traded electronically during the eight-week campaign from September to October.
“As we reach a key milestone in this campaign, we wholeheartedly support our non-profit partners’ efforts to help young people unleash their talent through the power of education. Their dedication is truly an inspiration to us all,” said
The education-focused non-profit organizations tackle childhood illiteracy and improve access to quality education.
Since its launch in 2013, the campaign has in aggregate:
- Supported over one million young people
- Helped over 37,000+ schools
- Has spanned over 85 countries.
Further information can be found at: https://www.citifx.com/e4e/
Citi’s first e for education campaign originated in FX in 2013 and the campaign has been expanded across Citi’s e-trading businesses.
Citi works with 10 non-profit partners globally that support the right to education for all children.
2022 Partners (alphabetical order):
Asian Universityfor Women – A fully independent, regional institution dedicated to empowering women from the most marginalized communities across Asiathrough women's education and leadership development
Civic Builders– Develops public school buildings in historically under-resourced communities
- Ditch the Label – A leading youth charity, which runs a digital support platform that provides advice and support for young people who are experiencing a wide range of issues, including bullying and mental health
- EMpower – Supports marginalized youth in education in emerging market countries
– Educates children who have lost a parent in the
Malala Fund– Breaks down the barriers preventing more than 130 million girls around the world from going to school
Pencils of Promise
– A nonprofit organization whose focus is removing barriers and supporting access to quality education in
Laos, Guatemalaand Ghana
– A children's mental health charity with more than 25 years of experience providing mental health support for pupils, families and staff in
- Reach the World – Makes the benefits of travel accessible to classrooms through virtual exchange, inspiring youth to become more curious and confident global citizens
Room to Read– Creating a world free from illiteracy and gender inequality
Teach First– A charity that provides a range of school leadership programs to support teachers, leaders and schools facing the biggest challenges, serving the most disadvantaged communities
Teach For All– A global network of organizations working to ensure all children have the education, support and opportunity they need to fulfil their potential
- Uncommon Schools – Starts and manages K – 12 public charter schools that prepare students from low-income backgrounds for college and beyond
Citi is a preeminent banking partner for institutions with cross-border needs, a global leader in wealth management and a valued personal bank in its home market of
Additional information may be found at www.