ALLEGIANT RELEASES INAUGURAL ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND GOVERNANCE (ESG) REPORT
Committed to becoming a more sustainable travel provider, Allegiant made investments in several ESG areas
In 2022, Allegiant partnered with Schneider Electric, the global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, to develop a comprehensive ESG program. The
The report, Allegiant's first of its kind, has been prepared with reference to the
"We are committed to making
Key highlights from Allegiant's 2021 ESG Report include:
- In 2021, Allegiant's per passenger fuel consumption, measured in gallons of fuel per thousand revenue passenger miles, was 12% more efficient than the industry average.
- Over the past decade, the
Las Vegas-based travel company has reduced fuel consumption on a revenue passenger mile basis more than any other domestic airline due to investments in improving its aircraft fuel efficiency.
- Allegiant began providing ongoing carbon emissions reporting of its Scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas (GHC) emissions.
- In 2021, Allegiant invested more than
$200 millionand brought in more than 240 high-wage jobs by creating new bases of operations in Austin, Texas; Flint, Michigan; and Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Allegiant resumed in-kind travel for Make-a-Wish children and their families following a COVID-19 pause and continued to donate more than
$1 millionannually to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Allegiant also co-sponsored Girls in Aviation Day and provided scholarships to encourage careers in aviation.
Sunseeker Resortin Charlotte Harbor, Florida, set to open in 2023, is being constructed using eco-friendly materials and practices throughout the property. Every inch of the resort was designed with sustainability in mind, including the installation of a 2,300-foot seawall to prevent shoreline erosion. Sunseeker will employ up to 1,200 people, which will make it the third largest employer in Southwest Florida.
- The company increased Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) efforts across all levels of its workforce, including achieving a Board of Directors membership that is 25% female and 12.5% ethnically diverse.
Allegiant – Together We FlyTM
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allegiant-releases-inaugural-environmental-social-and-governance-esg-report-301711268.html