Ball Corporation Recognized by Several Leading Organizations for its Sustainability and Workplace Achievements
- Ball was named to the 2022
Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America. This marks the ninth year the company has been recognized by DJSI for its sustainability practices across its aluminum packaging and aerospace businesses. Ball continues to receive high marks for its product stewardship efforts surrounding product design criteria and use of recycled and sustainably sourced materials.
- For the fourth year in a row, Ball received an A-in CDP's Climate Change Questionnaire in 2022, which recognizes the company's commitment to maintaining best practices in corporate climate citizenship through its net zero carbon emissions commitment, renewable electricity coverage and ongoing assessment of climate-related risks and opportunities. Ball has consistently earned A grades in both governance and emissions reduction initiatives.
- Ball was recognized as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek in 2022, further demonstrating its commitment to sustainability leadership in the region. This is the fourth year Ball has earned this recognition.
- Ball earned a perfect rating, 100 out of 100, on the
Human Rights Campaign'sannual Corporate Equality Index (CEI). Ball's 100% ranking reflects the company's investment in workplace policies that support gender identity and expression and recognizes its equitable benefits for all employees, including its LGBTQ+ workforce.
- Ball received a 2022 ranking of 90, based on a 100 point scale, on the 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI), reflecting the meaningful progress the company has made in creating a workplace that enables employees with differing abilities to support its global mission.
- Ball made
Just Capitaland CNBC's annual Just 100 Ranking for 2023 and was recognized as the Industry Leader in the Industrial Goods sector. Ball's ranking qualifies it as one of 100 top-performing companies on ESG factors, including ethical leadership, cultivating an inclusive workplace, use of sustainable materials and carbon reduction.
"At this critical point in the fight for a more sustainable and equitable future, businesses have a responsibility to advocate for their employees, their communities and the planet," said
Ball is making significant progress toward achieving its ambitious 2030 Sustainability Goals, which drive action on 10 social and environmental areas: health, safety and well-being; diversity and inclusion; talent development; employee experience; community; real circularity; climate leadership; material health; resource efficiency; and responsible sourcing. Milestones include Ball's role as a founding member of the aluminum branch of the
For more information on Ball's sustainability efforts, please visit https://www.ball.com/sustainability.
This release contains "forward-looking" statements concerning future events and financial performance. Words such as "expects," "anticipates," "estimates," "believes," and similar expressions typically identify forward-looking statements, which are generally any statements other than statements of historical fact. Such statements are based on current expectations or views of the future and are subject to risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied. You should therefore not place undue reliance upon any forward-looking statements and they should be read in conjunction with, and qualified in their entirety by, the cautionary statements referenced below. Ball undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Key factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be different are summarized in filings with the
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ball-corporation-recognized-by-several-leading-organizations-for-its-sustainability-and-workplace-achievements-301720815.html